Thursday, August 24, 2017

PSA for hydrashok users


Just checked my primary magazine for my daily carry. I've been carrying a mag with 4 hydrashok and 4 gold dots in my shield 9. Its been a while so I took them all out, lined them up, and with 2 fresh rounds used a straight edge to check for bullet setback. 3/4 hydrashoks had setback, 2 at ~ 1/32d of an inch, 1 at 1/16th, and one slightly more, maybe 5/64th( the worst were the top 2 that get swapped whenever I unload. I only unload for cleaning every other week or so, sometimes(rarely) once a month.FWIW, None of the gold dots had any setback albeit they are at the bottom.I took all but one of the hydrashoks out of the mag, ill consider using them at the range. Would you guys consider those safe to use even at the range? Could the increased chamber pressure merely cause a malfunction or could it possibly damage the shield, being a polymer frame? I don't want any kabooms =( via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2vbHe17

No comments:

Post a Comment