Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Duty to Inform - Texas


I had personal property stolen and called the police to file a report of theft. The duty officer responded and I met him at the location of the crime and filed a report regarding my property that was stolen.Only AFTER this encounter ended did I realize the officer had asked for my drivers license to include in the report I was filing. As Texas is a "duty to inform" state, was I in violation of the law to not disclose to the officer at that time (when he asked for my drivers license) that I had a license to carry a firearm and to provide my LTC card?At the time, it didn't cross my mind since I was reporting a theft and was not asked for the license regarding any criminal activity (by me).I just don't know and the Texas code didn't seem to make it clear, (or I was unable to find it).Thank you for reading and stay safe. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2vAdjMn

No comments:

Post a Comment