Thursday, August 24, 2017

How I conceal in fitted professional attire


Hey all. You've helped me out a lot so hopefully this helps someone else in the sub.I feel like I adequately represent the average white-collar guy that carries. 5ft-10in to 6-1 tall, 160-190 lbs, athletic build. I wear fitted slacks and a fitted button down shirt tucked in every day at work. I carry a 9mm S&W shield, short mag and pinky extension with rubber grips.Any IWB holster would show even with "C" or "J" clips. Someone that I work with in this tight office would notice something on my belt even if it didn't print. So I went with a belly band style. It's 100% under my clothing.Belly band style are cheap enough to let you buy a few and see what you like. They will not last as long as leather or kydex, but that's ok because of their price and how they'll absorb sweat more than others. You'll probably see threads pulling or hook-and-loop falling off after a year or three of daily use. My daily is a thin spandex one that doesn't make me sweat, holds the gun upright and has a pocket for another mag at 180degrees around (which I don't use). I have another one that is multiple times thicker and sturdier but it would leave you dripping sweat in the summer. Looking forward to wearing that more in winter.No belly bands that I've seen allow you to adjust cant of your piece. Most of them are not gun specific so you can use any piece you can fit. However they rarely are built to accomodate accessories like a laser or light. Most all of them do allow you to right-hand or flip for left-hand draw. Some have a retention strap and others don't. I feel they all grip the gun enough that they don't need a strap. With deep concealment, it's almost impossible to remove the strap quickly with one hand.I carry at noon. Crotch carry. I tried anywhere in front, back and sides and couldn't avoid printing while being comfortable. I have the barrel hiding behind the zipper line and the grip hiding behind my belt. I had to go up a size in pants and bent to accomodate. But this is the only way that I feel it's 100% hidden and comfortable.All my shirts are tucked in and run long. If your shirt is too short or the buttons stop too early (before it gets to your underwear) then you risk showing. If your shirts are long enough, you may even be able to skip the bottom button to allow for faster access.Yes, it's a pain when I'm sitting. If you haven't tried a standing desk yet, please consider it. They're awesome. But when sitting, I just push it down below my belt so that it's not digging into me and then it's perfectly comfortable. I doesn't print when sitting either and almost magically disappears.As always, practice your draw!! You'll have to exaggerate pulling the shirt out of the way and reaching behind your belt to get a hand on our piece. It's worth the practice if you want to carry 100% hidden.Hope this helps someone find an option that works faster and cheaper than I did. Yes, there are hundreds of alternatives. I'm just saying this works for me. And yes, I'm ready for dozens of opinions. I'm aware of the pros and cons of this setup and it works for me. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2wK70ZO

No comments:

Post a Comment