Monday, August 28, 2017

First time being stopped by a cop with my CCW.


Just happened, about 30 minutes ago. The Mrs. and I were heading back from a late night Walmart run for some last minute groceries. I saw a cop pull out in front of me, and then he slowed down, turned into a parking lot. I joked with my wife, "Watch him use this lot to get behind me." Sure enough, he did.I pulled over into a well-lit parking lot, put my truck in park, and put the keys on the dash. A young officer walked up, and we made small talk about how we were this evening. He let me know I had a headlight out, and I informed him that it does that randomly, but if I flick it off and back on, it'll pop right on (HID issue in new trucks).He asked for my license and insurance, and I said, "Yes officer, but before I reach for that, I would like to let you know that I have my concealed license, and I am carrying." "Absolutely, where is it on you?" "It's at my appendix, and I've got a revolver in my center console with my insurance." "Alright, if you'd please step out of the truck, I'd like to get your wallet for you, it's in your back pocket, correct?" "Absolutely officer."I got out, turned around, with my arms well out to my sides, so he could get my wallet, and he handed it to me. I got my licenses for him, he ran his checks with dispatch, and then he sent me on my way, not before letting me know that us "conceal carded guys are good guys, that are usually well trusted."Now, this is only my second encounter with an officer with my CHL, with the first encounter had the focus on somebody else, so it was more of a "oh, cool, thanks" and then after, we talked about our guns. I thought this situation was weird in that he retrieved my wallet for me. But, for me, whatever I can do to make the officers feel safest is what matters most.Just wanted to share my short story with an encounter with a cop, and nobody got shot! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2xIxNmL

No comments:

Post a Comment