Tuesday, August 29, 2017

How to find out when I'm legally allowed to tase someone in my state?

I can't find anything on this except articles about LEO.

I live in VT, conceal carry is legal here (firearms and tasers) without a license. I don't think tasers require a license either, guns don't.

Are you allowed to tase someone who's threatening you? Just flipping out in public in general and acting like they're going to get violent? What are the laws, exactly? I was in a pharmacy earlier and some crackhead was going berserk wanting drugs. If I had a taser on me I would've tased him. Cops ended up coming and taking care of it. In the minutes before the cops came I was having to weigh whether or not I should tackle the guy, who was twice my size and not remotely sober, before he decided he was going to hurt someone. Fortunately, he didn't. But what if?

Part of me wants a taser because guns make me a little nervous, I'd worry about hurting myself or an innocent bystander. Another part of me feels that I would be more likely to use a taser inappropriately and improperly assess a situation, and get in enormous trouble, whereas I would only use a gun if absolutely necessary.

I do know I don't want to feel helpless like that again.



Submitted August 29, 2017 at 08:16PM by dmarrok http://ift.tt/2wn5t9Y

No comments:

Post a Comment