Thursday, August 24, 2017

Considering my options. (Pocket carry, bike carry)


Hey r/ccwI've been carrying on and off for a few years now. I carried an XDS 9 for a while, didn't like it and sold it (I only pocket carry and XDS 9 is just too big for me for pocket). I carried the LC9s for most of the time but ended up selling it too since it was the New Jersey approved version.So I want to weigh all of my options before making a new purchase. I want a pocket pistol with reasonable accuracy. I am definitely a trigger snob so short light pulls are a real plus. I don't want any safties other than drop, trigger, and maybe grip. I am not sold on any particular caliber atm. I would consider 9 or .380 but for capacity reasons don't really want to go bigger.So I am looking for options for an EDC and it needs to be easy to take with me on a bicycle in a small saddle bag.So here's the list I'm looking at.LC9s PRO - Dat trigger. I shot the LC9s very well and loved the trigger. It's at the top end size wise of whats comfortable for a pocket gun.LCP2 - Ok trigger. But very easy on the pocket and would fit very well into my bike's saddle bag. Hard to shoot though due to physics. Small guns just recoil more. I kind of wish Ruger would make a .380 version of the LC9s as it would handle recoil like a champ.G42 - No real experience here. 6+1 though instead of 7+1 on the others.Taurus PT 111 - Again no experience. But dual stack 9mm? 12+1? Hells yes. I have dry fired and that trigger needs to be replaced completely but with after market trigger job it might be worth it.So what are some other guns that might fit into this category? And what are your experiences with the ones listed?Thanks. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2w7TGMJ

No comments:

Post a Comment