Friday, September 2, 2016

Why you should always carry!


Let me preface by saying that I'm currently affected by Hurricane Hermine and am currently on my phone typing this. Sorry for any typos!So with no power and what not I went to a friends house with my gf and carried as usual, we went there since he had electricity so we could shower and enjoy some AC, then went to get fast food since everything else is closed because my city has almost nowhere that's open currently so do what you gotta do, since it was packed out the door we opted for the drive thru. Sat in the line for like an hour so I put my glock in the glove box rather than my waist band for easy access.Long story short between our bags with changes of clothes and the food our hands were full and I honestly "forgot" my main carry (Glock 19) in the glovebox. Went upstairs and got into our dark house, turned on the battery lights and sat down when I realized what I had forgotten.I considered grabbing my Glock 43 from the bedroom but instead figured I would just run downstairs real quick. I live in a house that's raised so there's a carport underneath. I came down the stairs and walked to my car when I turned around and as lightning struck a huge silhouette appeared before my eyes, blocking me from my stairs. I scrambled to retrieve my gun but then noticed the guy was facing the other way and quite oblivious to my presence. Essentially I think he was seeking cover from the rain but it really spooked me and I realized fast that with less luck on my side it could've turned out much worse.LESSON LEARNED.Be safe out there folks! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2bS3oXZ

No comments:

Post a Comment