Friday, September 23, 2016

Thinking of Revising My Carry Gun - Experienced Advice Wanted


Hi All,I'm just clearing my first year of having a permit to carry here in Pennsylvania and I figured I'd sit back and think through how its going and adjust things if needed. For reference I am currently carrying a XD subcompact IWB in an AG cloak tuck. I have CT laser grips.In my year I've traveled with the gun which was interesting. I've never had to use the weapon on anything but paper.The gun: just like I expected its been perfect. I've shot about 900 rounds through it and had zero hang ups of any type. The laser has stayed pretty much dead on. The gun however is too heavy and wide. I find myself dreading putting it on to walk the dog in the morning. It also prints when I bend over if I'm at the grocery store which is annoying.The holster - Its ok but part of the backing has curled a bit and digs into my ass.Belt: I got 2, one 5.11 trainer style belt for casual and then a hanks for when I need to be pretty. Both are perfect.I think you all know where I'm going. While ok, the double stack gun isn't ideal for convenience. I'm going to keep it, but I think I want something smaller. I detested the XDS's grip. I'm basically teetering between a glock 43, 42, shield, LCP or a jframe. I've fired them all, they all work in my hands and now I'm hung up in size.I think the jframe is out. The width is just a deal breaker. I want something that's easier to carry. I plan to IWB most of the time but the new gun has to fit in a pocket for doggie walks. I am pretty certain I'm going to go the way of the glock here. I own a full sized glock for home defense and i'm comfortable with them. The pocket holster options are there. The TLR-6 looks like a super addition to the gun.Anything I should be considering? Any advice. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2d67rnZ

No comments:

Post a Comment