Saturday, September 3, 2016

Pulled Over with Eight Guns in the Car


So I've been carrying for just almost a year now and haven't had a run in with police until last night. A friend of mine and I were camping out on some of his land had our ARs, carry weapons, and a couple 22s. So we headed back into town to grab some stuff from his house around 2 am, only to see his turn occupied by 8 squad cars. We decided it was best to not get involved, being 2am and heavily armed, and turn the other way. Wrong choice. Cops saw us turn around and pursued. We pulled over just down the road and two cops came up either side. Both of us had our IDs and permits in our hands held up in plain view. Cop immediately sees the gun cases and the AR and asks us to step out of the car. I inform the police, without moving my hands, that I have my pistol on my side. He says that's fine and he takes off my pistol, empties it and places it on the car, other cop does the same to my friend. He asks why we turned around and I told him what I said here, I'd rather not deal with the situation if I don't have to. He just laughs and says it's all good, asks us about our guns, runs the serial numbers, and makes small talk for awhile. After our numbers came back clean, he laughed about the situation, gave us our guns back, and told us to have a good night. My friend and I decide to go ahead through the stop. Now the next cop sees our unloaded pistols, asks why and immediately tells us to load them back up cause "they're not much use unloaded" and waved us through. Overall positive experience. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2bNZWRh

No comments:

Post a Comment