Saturday, September 10, 2016

Looking for my Forever Partner


No, this isn't a /r/missedconnections that was miss-postedI'm looking to get a pistol soon, and I'm not sure when or if I'll be able to pick up a second one for a few different reasons. Like most people, I want a forever for-everything pistol - Home defense (weaponlight capable), range use, conceal carry, running courses with my AR, ranch gun, etc.Now I know that the quick and simple answer is just "Glock 17/19!" but unfortunately, Glocks and my hands have a mutual disagreement with each other. The grip angle and just something about the guns, I can't quite get past it. I've handled and fired both a 19 and one of their sub-compacts (can't remember if it was a 9mm or .45), it's just not something I enjoy or shoot well. I can shoot a Springfield XD9 Sub-compact well, and it's not bad, but the bulk to function ratio of that gun isn't something I'm a fan of. I'm not sure if the fullsize 9mm is the same - but I can't stand the fullsize XD45.So currently, I'm looking at the following. I'm aware that they're all very close, yet also mostly very different, and I haven't been able to find any postings or reviews that sway me towards one or the other. I'm keeping it to 9mm - I trust the round, I shoot it better than .45, and I can get it cheaper than .40S&W/.357sig, and $700 is about my upper limit. If $100 makes a huge difference, then I can bump to $800, but <$700 is the goal.Walther P99 ASH&K P2000 LEMH&K P2000 DA/SAH&K VP9Walther PPQ M1 (if I can find it)H&K USPC (if I can find one at a good price)FNH FNS-9Any experience or advice or little bits of knowledge that I haven't been able to find would be gladly appreciated - I know there's a mix here of striker fired, DA/SA, and DA/SA guns that try to be striker fired guns. I've worked with striker fired a good bit - but the only DA/SA I've worked with is a Ruger P90.I know all these pistols are high quality - but I'm curious if any of them have any faults, glaring or nit-picky, or any stand-out qualities, or if any of them are exceptionally dificult to conceal (with them all being mid-fullsize, I'm already setting myself up for some difficulty - I'd like to minimize that to the degree that I can). Or if there's any other suggestions aside from the XD and Glock series, I'd love to hear them. I've only handled (never fired) one Sig, so I don't have either knowledge or experience with them.It's a good idea to go to a gunrange and see about trying them out, but I can't find all of the above at the gun ranges around me. And I figured I ought to narrow it down a bit more so I don't spend $80+ on just rentals before I pay for gun range ammo.Thank you in advance for any help! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2cuN2bI

No comments:

Post a Comment