Saturday, September 3, 2016

Let's chat.


So as a fellow CCW I like to try and think about what I would do in a variety of situations. This helps me have better situational awareness and gives me a general idea about how I would act in certain situations.I am having an issue in deciding what I am allowed and not allowed to do with my weapon in various events. I have looked around but often I find conflicting information. Also states vary so much I am having a hard time understanding how they interact. I am in Ohio.The list:Are warning shot always a no? From what I understand this would be correct. You are responsible for the bullet and worst case scenario bad guy could lie in court and say you shot at him but missed. Thoughts?Shooting for anywhere but center mass. I recall an article implying that if you say you are going for a "leg shot or head shot" that you weren't actually in dear for your life? This true?What can you do if you drive up/walk up on a fight involving others. I saw a video where one guy was getting beat up by 7-8 guys on the ground fetal position. Call 911 but then what can I do? Draw? My biggest issue here is that either you are 100% in or out as I would never enter into a physical confrontation with a gun on my person.Where are we with removing the weapon from the holster? I have read so many conflicting things I really need to understand this. On one account I have read "if you pull it you use it" which I 100% disagree with. I feel that this puts myself in a mindset that might take a life when I don't need to but also might prevent me from producing my weapon when I should have.Has there ever been situation where a CCW pulled to defend himself and then been shot my another CCW who did not realize what had occurred?Sorry for the long post just want to refresh some of this information. If anyone has any good links I would really appreciate them, chances are I've read it but still that would be great. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2c2crsO

No comments:

Post a Comment