Friday, September 23, 2016

Just purchased my first striker-fired gun with no manual safety-little nervous about CCW with one in the chamber


I'm in California and I am about two months away from getting my CCW (I started about a year ago, but still amazed that I am pulling off a CCW in California). Just waiting for paperwork and the class/qualification. In my county, you have to qualify with any gun you want to CCW, and can only carry those guns (with those serial numbers). So I have a DA/SA Sig, and a Shield 9 with manual safety. I wanted to have one more gun on my permit, so after pondering it for about a month, I went out and purchased an XD-9 subcompact 9mm with a 3 inch barrel.I have been a gun owner/hunter/shooter for well over 20 years. I have never had a ND because I am really serious about safety. But this XD-9 kinda makes me a little nervous since it does not have a manual safety (like the Shield) or a heavy DA first trigger pull (like the Sig).I plan on using a IWB holster (Alien Gear or something like that) to carry it. It will probably be my off-work gun when I am not in a suit (the Shield 9 fits PERFECTLY in my suit pockets with a DeSantis pocket holster when I am working in a suit).Other than "keep it in the holster and your finger away from the trigger", does anyone have good advice? Go for a HEAVIER trigger spring? Some kind of pop-out safety like you can get for the space behind a Glock trigger? I know some XD guns can be purchased with a safety. Guess what, California does not have the XD guns with manual safeties on their unconstitutional "approved gun roster" so I can't buy one of those and it cannot be added according to Springfield.Thanks!PS-Yes, California sucks when it comes to guns and CCW's. I know that. Family and a very well paying career are here, so this is where I am staying for a while. Fortunately, I don't live in a messed up county like Los Angeles or San Francisco where CCWs are only for those who are related to the sheriff. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2d6gipz

No comments:

Post a Comment