Monday, September 19, 2016

Here's a look at the Hyve +2 for the Shield if anyone is interested.


So I know right away some people are going to say that at this point I should just get a bigger gun, and I agree! I'd get a double stack if I could afford another gun. However, for now I have a Shield, which I do love, and I happened to see that Hyve released a +2 for the 8 round mag so I thought I'd check it out.Here's a quick comparison of the standard 8 round mag and the same mag with the +2 extension. It does add some length, but as you'd imagine it's very comfortable in the hand. I had read that people were having issues getting 10 rounds into the earlier models, but that apparantly they had resolved that issue, and I guess they did because I got all 10 in just fine. There is some resistance when putting the mag in the magwell but it does seat and the first rounds feeds fine.Here's a shot with the gun holstered. Surprisingly enough it conceals fine when standing and walking, and it makes a slight imprint when leaning over or sitting down. Honestly if I wanted to I could carry with this one just fine, but I think I'll stick with the 7 for carry just because it stays hidden no matter what I do. I am going to keep the +2 though and just continue to carry it the same way I was before in a mag holster. I figure it's an extra two bullets without really affecting the way I was already carrying so why not. Also I guess if I felt like I needed to for whatever reason I could swap the mags for 11 rounds instead of 8 since it conceals okay. Like if I were wearing a jacket or something.I think it's pretty cool, I like the blue. Seems to be made pretty well, I don't really question its quality after messing around with it. Gonna make a gun range trip tomorrow to see if it feeds okay. Just thought I'd share my 2 cents in case anyone was checking this out. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2cZDQha

No comments:

Post a Comment