Thursday, August 4, 2016

Thoughts on "Second Call Defense" and what happens after you defend yourself.


I was asking earlier about weapon caliber, and someone directed me to the sidebar. Reading down it further, I started watching videos and reading about what happens legally speaking after you use your weapon in self defense.In a nutshell, it seems pretty grim and scary, and everyone has an opinion on what to do. "Leave the scene, don't leave, call 911, do not be the one to call 911, etc."The big thing seems to be that you should not talk to the police and risk incriminating yourself in any way until you've spoken with your attorney.One video I came across is a group called "Second Call Defense" who are (to my understanding) essentially self defense insurance backed by the NRA. They'll get a lawyer for you, pay your bond, attorney costs, provide you with other services like psychological help, etc.Here's the original video I watched.It's a crying shame that a person using a weapon in self defense has to be so afraid that they'll be convicted of some felony. I'm new to all this, so maybe I'm overreacting, but this really seems like some scary stuff, and it would be great to hear what you all with more experience, maybe even some current/former LEOs, have to say - especially about pleading the 5th, and groups like Second Call. Are any of you members of Second Call Defense? How has your experience been?Sorry for posting like once a day, haha. You all are a huge help every time I ask anything and I really appreciate it. Thank you in advance. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2aXJC2l

No comments:

Post a Comment