Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Follow up: Traveling with a firearm through O'Hare


Original PostWell, in hindsight I'd say that I was overly concerned about traveling to The People's Republic of Chicago. I took the Wisconsin Coach shuttle from Racine to O'Hare with my firearm in my luggage, unloaded and locked up in one of these cases. I disembarked the bus and grabbed my suitcase, then proceeded to check in for my flight on American Airline.When I got to the check-in counter I told the woman, "I need to fill out a declaration for a firearm". Without batting an eye she says, "Ok, put your suitcase up here and show me". So, I open it up, unlock the case, then demonstrated that it was in fact unloaded. "OK, lock it up and fill out this form".Once the form was done a TSA guy came to bring my bag to the front of the line at the x-ray machine, and just a moment later he comes around and tells me "All done. Have a good flight". Altogether the additional time it took to check in was maybe 4 extra minutes.No big deal at all! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2cdfqg3

No comments:

Post a Comment