Monday, August 29, 2016

Do you still torture test a brand new gun even when the gun and carry ammo are the gold standard of reliability?


I have a G19 gen 4 and a Shield 9. I carry Federal HST 147gr in both and it seems like the ammo and gun are both right at the top of "shit that doesn't fail". I hear a lot of people taking their new guns and running 100 or more rounds of their carry ammo through them before feeling comfortable with that as an EDC and I totally agree with that mentality, however it is a fair chunk of change to use that amount of defense ammo just for a test when you know deep down that it probably isn't necessary. The Shield and Glock are both preferred platforms by thousands and HST is one of the favorite ammo brands. There's plenty of evidence that the ammo and gun will be compatible, but I suppose there's still the chance that your particular gun just doesn't like that type of ammo. Does this make it worth spending that money for ammo to test it or would you say just don't worry about it? I could go either way on this and see both sides. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2c3a32Y

No comments:

Post a Comment