Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Advice/Anecdotes for Sub-compact 9mm Pistols


I visited a range where I can try out a few pistols, and went away with a--thankfully--narrowed list of sub-compact pistols I'd like to purchase. I'm just curious if anyone here has any seriously negative experiences with any of the following handguns in terms of CCW/EDC:Walther PPS (first gen)Walther PPS M2Springfield XDsS&W M&P9 ShieldGlock 43Note: I didn't get to shoot the PPS M2, but the first gen felt absolutely amazing.I have experience shooting a full-sized 9mm (HK VP9), and I like how that feels and handles. To me, the sub-compacts definitely punched harder, and I had to make a lot of (understandable) accommodations for my natural trigger pull. Otherwise, they all felt very similar to me. Yeah, the Shield's trigger wasn't as nice as the XDs. The Glock had a little more recoil than the Walther. For my purposes, though, I wasn't really put off by any of these.My last data point is (hopefully) a little sage advice from the folks here who have carried one or more of these pistols. If there's some show-stopper feature, issue, or annoyance the guy at the range didn't know about any.Thank you for any help you can provide! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2bCAsYB

No comments:

Post a Comment