Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Curious question from someone who lives in Louisiana but has a Mississippi registered vehicle. Can I carry my AR or a shotgun in the back of my trunk on a daily basis (just because I want to)? And if I do, do I have to alert the officer that there is a firearm in the trunk if I can't even access it?


Technically, I'm a Louisiana resident with a Louisiana license but my vehicle is registered under my father's name in Mississippi so I'm a little confused.As of now I don't have my conceal carry permit (nor do I have the money for my P320 yet), but I know a good bit about the laws here such as open carry, your vehicle being an extension of your private property in Louisiana and such.Personally, I'd always aware the officer that there is a firearm in the vehicle up front with me, whether I hand him my CC permit (whenever I get one), tell him myself (I'd prefer just to give him the permit), or if he asks. However, I don't know if the trunk should be included considering it's isolated from me (whether by the seats or a locked trunk door).Bonus question for anyone who knows the answer for this. I was told by my conceal carry class instructor that because your vehicle is an extension of your home (in LA), you can leave your firearms in your vehicle on a college campus but ONLY in your vehicle. Taking it outside of the vehicle and therefore "on" campus is of course completely against the law I know, but is that true that it's okay to keep it in your car? I've looked up and down and I can't find anywhere that says that. I'd like to know because it'd be a pain in the ass every day to leave it at home, go to class, go back home to get the CCW, and go run my errands. I'd also like to find this law in writing if possible, to keep on me in my glovebox as proof in the event that I ever need it. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2bC9sTU

No comments:

Post a Comment