Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Holster Dilemma - Ace-1 Gen 2 vs Protos-M CZ PCR


So I picked up my first holster for my PCR a month ago, the Black Arch Ace-1 Gen2. I like it overall. I wanted Stealthgear but they don't make a holster for the PCR.They came out with the Protos-M dual clip IWB model a few days ago and I bought it intending on swapping to the Protos-M. It is MUCH smaller in terms of the footprint of the holster. It feels like there's no holster compared to the Ace-1. When standing it is much more comfortable. However, I have a few issues.First off, due to the smaller profile and slightly thinner leather, the shorts that I normally wear for carry don't really work. I wear a size 30 short and a 31 or 32 when I carry, but if the pants are not super snug the holster will move horizontally in my waistband while walking. If I grab the grip of the gun I can push it outward quite a bit if I try. With the Ace-1 I can't do that. I think the stiffer and larger profile is holding the gun tighter to my body.Should I keep the slimmer Protos-M and accept the holster is not as 'tight' to my body or as snug? Or deal with slightly less comfort to have a snugger holster? One problem could be that the heaviness of the PCR is too much for a slimmer lower profile holster.Thanks guys. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2bC2RJL

No comments:

Post a Comment