Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Seeking advice, round 2: tuckable AIWB holsters for an SR40c, and plain leather gun belts (dress and casual).


Hey ya'll, second post, and I really appreciate the advice on the first one. I decided to keep my SR40c, I'm applying for a permit as soon as I get back home in two weeks, and I need to get a belt and holster so I can start practicing & carrying.AIWB makes the most sense to me, and I need to be able to tuck my shirt in because I'll be wearing a suit at work most days. The desa​ntis SOF-​TUCK is the only thing I've found that fits the bill, but if anyone knows of others, that would be great.For a gun belt, the list is long and many of them seem to be tactical or western (fancy patterns) styles. Nothing against those, they're just not me. For work I need nice conservative dress belts, and when I'm off I wear plain leather belts with simple buckles (example: http://ift.tt/2bxTEFr). Ultimately I'll need black and brown in each style, but I'll probably just start with one brown one, not sure which yet. Price is an object, but I'd rather pay for something that works and lasts than something that doesn't work. If any of you have or know of belts like this in either category, I'd greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction.Lastly, and I realize this is nitpicky, I noticed that the clip on the softuck (and it seems like everything else) is black. I almost always wear brown belts, especially when I'm off work (probably 95% or more). Any idea if it's possible to get brown clips, or to swap them out, or if any holsters come with such options? Yes, the odds of people noticing is slim, but people in my profession pay attention to appearance. Black on brown is going to show if someone looks, especially with my jacket off. Advice is again appreciated, though I'm pretty resigned to having to suck it up.Thanks in advance, this sub is awesome! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2bQBm12

No comments:

Post a Comment