Wednesday, August 31, 2016

What is wrong with people?


Let me start by saying I CCW everyday. I'm no saint and I'm sure a lot of you would disagree with my own life choices and things I say. I'm not attacking gun owners, concealed carriers or anyone else in general. If you go through my post history, there are plenty of stupid, rash comments that I've made, some quite recently. Downvote away and take it how you will, but this seems like a problem to me.I just read a post here about someone who made a terrible decision and is in fear for their life. He asked if it was advisable to wear body armor and ccw a pistol and keep a long gun under a blanket in their car. I'm not here to rag on this guy, his concern was genuine, but the crazy responses I've seen make me genuinely concerned. I'm not going to post anybody's username and most of here quotes are a bit exaggerated.Instead of advising the guy to keep a low profile and stop making stupid decisions, 80% of the comments were encouraging and exaggerating his approach: "You're gun is too small a caliber and doesn't accept accessories. You need an M&p9c with two 17round mags and an Inforce light Shot gun is a bad idea, you need an mo5 clone.""Buy a level IIIa body armor backpack and buy extra panels to line the doors of your car""Shot gun under blanket it bad idea." finally, I think. get a short barreled ar that'll fit in an open backpack"Fuck me.Maybe I'm crazy but I thought that gun ownership meant were supposed to be responsible, not vigilante mercenaries. I'm all for self defense, I carry 35 rounds and a fixed blade everywhere, everyday.As I mentioned I haven't always been a saint. I don't know how many of you guys have been involved in real firefights, but it's not pretty and it's not fun. I have a blast when I go to the gun range, but trying to kill another human or prevent one from killing you is a different story.I was just beratted by many of the same people last week for my stupid comments on a post here About the black guy in dollar tree in west palm beach.I saw dozens of comments about how people would've drawn to scare the guy. I suggested choking him out or worst case using a knife when he pulled out his keys as a stabbing tool.It's funny to me because I smoke marijuana medicinally which is frowned upon in this community, but it seems that I have a clear head on my shoulders than a lot of these trigger-happy fools.TL;DR: we all love our guns and training but I pray when I see stupid comments like this that its just someone talking tough online. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2bC2Yo3

No comments:

Post a Comment