Wednesday, August 3, 2016

"Never underestimate training with airsoft." | Is this sound advice for someone who can't yet legally CCW? (Or in general.)


Hey all, I recently asked a YouTuber I've been watching what their suggestion was on practicing and educating myself prior to being legally able to CCW.The answer I got back was, "Never underestimate training with airsoft."Little disappointed I didn't get much in the way of details, but I thought it would make an interesting discussion if I brought it up in this SR. So:Is this sound advice? If so, what would you suggest training, exactly? Weapon handling? Firing/target practice?I'm just thinking that even though some models of airsoft gun may look very real, AFAIK they don't usually weigh the same as their real counterpart, and they especially don't fire the same. Even their accuracy is not the same as a real gun because they fire a spherical bead in a barrel without rifling, and not a cone/tear shaped metal projectile. (Although at close range, ~15 yards, maybe that's not such a huge factor.)Just curious what those with more experience thought about it. Thanks! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2ahwio1

No comments:

Post a Comment