Thursday, July 19, 2018

Texas Public Campus(UHD) Restricting Entire Academic Building


I'm just looking for some input, in addition to who I send an email to about the legality of this from the state point of view, not the school.University of Houston Downtown has recently put 30.06 signage on 100% of doors on their main academic building. I'm all about respecting "safe spaces" which were previously most teacher offices, student center, and other places I can get fine without visiting. But as it stands now, I have to walk, unarmed, a mile to and from the parking lot at night, since I work during the day hours. The same parking lot where a student was shot in the back hardly more than a year past.All signs point to this being illegal signage, right? The law, as I've been able to find, says campus' can't "generally restrict" those licensed from carrying. This is probably vague as hell intentionally meaning they'll be able to say "he's welcome in the parking lot office, he can get carry on campus.". Opinions? Who do I raise this issue with besides the university itself? I assume they'll just tell me to get bent.EDIT: Just filed a complaint with AG's office. Will post if there's any update. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2JDnB4e

No comments:

Post a Comment