Friday, July 27, 2018

Looking to CC while Running/Seeking General Advice


For a little big of pertinent background information:I'm a 5'1" 125lb woman. I have been to the range before, but don't have a lot of experience shooting. What I have practiced with most, is the G19 that my husband I and bought for home/car defense. I do not have a permit yet, and I will likely test for the permit with the weapon I decide to buy.I am looking for a weapon to take running with me. I run a fair amount and am mostly concerned about being on isolated trails/path for hours at a time alone in the early morning. My concerns therefore would be: sweat/moisture resistance, lightness, small size, ease of use when exhausted (say after running 10-12 miles). I am considering carrying using shorts with the built in holster in the front (this seems least likely to print when I am drenched in sweat)I am looking currently at the G43 and the Sig Sauer 938. Money isn't really a restriction (I view this as an investment). On the one hand, I am familiar with glocks. On the other, as someone new to firearms in general, I like the safety on the Sig. I would have to carry the glock with a round in the chamber and that makes me a little nervous for the moment. Of course, I worry about my sweaty fingers not being able to flip the safety in time to fend off a bear/boar/or something attack. I have fired both at the range and still felt undecided. Does anyone have experience on which might be the better choice for my needs?I have watched other videos on single stack 9mm, and I haven't really seen anything convincing on the Shield, LC9, or Beretta Nano. They have all been described as "just fine, reliable, adequate". My thought is, if they're all "just fine", why not get the glock or sig which have reputations for durability and quality? I figure, I will become good at whatever pistol I practice with most, so initial comfortability doesn't seem like a good metric for purchase. I am definitely open to your opinions on this. Is it worth renting these other options at the range to try out?Thanks for addressing my beginner concerns, also any advice on CC while running would be appreciated. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Ojl6YJ

No comments:

Post a Comment