Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Have many of us on here got PTSD from any encounters?


So I reason I am asking this is because I honestly think I have acquired PTSD from an incident that happened to me while I was out with friends clubbing. And I want to know how many people who have been involved in incidents have had similar problems?So to set what happened I was out clubbing with some friends we were all having a fun time. Now I do get extremely anxious when I am in the city at night as I've had people attempt to mug or start fights with me on multiple occasions. What set this apart is it wasn't a fight nor a mugging. I was walking with some friends down one of the main pub and clubs streets and we walked by a group of bikies(biker gangs) and the road and as we did so I noticed a car slow next to us and turned to look at it and then all I felt was like someone kicked me in the chest and face and a bright flash of muzzle flash. (I am a country kid and my Grandfather did a lot of pistol shooting I knew the sound and blast right away I knew it was a gun shot) and I turned to my friends and pushed them behind a bin while other shots went off (I think is was 2 other shots) I was out in the open still but at least my friends were safe so I ran for cover behind some bar signs, but I got a look at who was shooting at me(well not me the bikies I just happened to be in the way) and even could ID the gun he was using( a chrome CZ97).Now after it happened cops turned up everywhere I made a statement etc.The days after I was fine even around sudden loud noises no problem.The other day I was doing some shopping down the same street and a car slowed next to me and happened to backfire. My heart rate jumped to hummingbird and I threw myself behind some bins. I was terrified and I felt really embarrassed and stupid but it took over an hour before I stopped shaking and my heart rate came back to normal.I want to know has anyone else had this happen to them? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2NGcCJX

No comments:

Post a Comment