Monday, July 30, 2018

What do you feel is the minimum proficiency/knowledge to feel comfortable carrying?


So, I'm in a state (IN) that doesn't require any training to issue a LTC. Now, I realize more training is always better than less training, so I'd probably look into ongoing training even after I'm carrying regularly.But, at what point would you feel like carrying is going to be a net benefit rather than just being an additional danger to yourself and to others?I'd assume things like knowledge of applicable laws, being able to land appropriate groupings at appropriate ranges without having to consciously think about the mechanics, and quickly and smoothly drawing from concealment without shooting myself would be relevant. But this is also a situation where my usual tendency to be overconfident in my ability to learn things isn't helpful. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2mWbbeR

No comments:

Post a Comment