Monday, July 30, 2018

How useful are red dot sights on a CCW handgun?


I have a spare Burris Fastfire that's sitting on a .22 target pistol that I rarely shoot. I've been toying with the idea of taking the fast fire off and mounting it on my Gen3 Glock 19 (which is my primary carry gun). However, I don't really want to make any major modifications to my pistol in the event that I don't like the sight on that gun. So, I've been looking at dovetail mounts.Also, my G19 is currently equipped with plastic OEM sights... yeah I know...I did look at some aftermarket slides with RMR cuts, but the non repulsive ones cost upwards of $300, and I figure at that price point, I should just save a few hundred more start looking at a Gen4 MOS.Is this a bad idea? Is this a worthwhile use of my time/money? If I do mount the sight on a dovetail mount, what distance should I zero my pistol at? Would it be better just to buy some good aftermarket night sights and call it a day?Any thoughts? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2mSskWX

No comments:

Post a Comment