Monday, July 30, 2018

Hammer vs Striker, not the conversation I was expecting? Food for thought question.


So normally everyone argues about preference and what's more reliable, blah, blah, etc. What I wasn't expecting was a conversation between some brothers and thought I have myself.I cannot comfortably carry a striker pistol anymore.Quick background, I grew up being trained on Sig Sauer pistols, my first and second pistols were both sigs (both conceal and my range). My army issue is an M9 (also hammer). Not unfamiliar with striker fire but maybe only 1% of my spent rounds are striker fired.I was considering buying a couple striker fired pistol for everyday stash and carry (nightstand, car, house, etc.). An everytime I handle or almost make the buy... I can't. It's not that I'm unfamiliar with striker fires, I regular shoot my brothers, family, etc. But I just can't seem to shake that when it comes to it, I'm nervous about conceal carrying or relying on the other option, whether it be trigger pull, safety nannies, lightness.Has anyone else had this feeling or concern that they really can't shake about switching between firing mechanisms? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2voblj5

No comments:

Post a Comment