Thursday, July 26, 2018

Complete newbie- help!


Alright folks, lengthy post probably but I figure it's best to get out all my questions before making stupid decisions.I turn 21 in September (waiting on this forever) strictly so I could conceal carry. I'm a big body build. 6'3-6'4 about 275lbs. I wear typically cargo shorts or regular shorts here in FL with lightweight long sleeve shirts or polos primarily. Based off these facts I think I could conceal carry using an OWB type holster, I've done the research and like the idea of it. AIWB terrifies me lol, but then again I little experience with pistols. Grew up hunting with shotguns and bolt action rifles.Is a high OWB holster for either a Glock 43 or a S&W shield a good choice? I haven't had a chance to hold a Shield but have held and shot a 43. Liked it, but I feel I owe the S&W a chance. I hear everyone talking about "gun belts" what exactly are they talking about or referring too? If I do OWB can I keep a spare mag on me? Any tips or guidance are greatly appreciated. I'd rather start buying the small things now and then the gun when I turn 21! Sorry for poor formatting, on mobile. If you need any more info to better help please let me know, thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2LUek9S

No comments:

Post a Comment