Thursday, July 19, 2018

Should I invest in a holster with a sweat guard?


Dear /r/CCW,I'm rather new to the CCW scene and guns in general and had a few questions. It's hot and at times humid here in Texas and I sweat a ton as result and I am starting to see rust form on my gun (a Ruger LC9s). I am using a Remora "2 in 1" IWB holster, carrying appendix, with no sweat guard. The part of the firearm that has rust on it is covered by the holster and is NOT in direct contact with bare skin, so I'm not 100% sure if this is being caused by sweat. I was able to scrub away most of the rust with a cloth.I was hoping to hear if anyone had any tips or kernels of wisdom to pass onto a newbie such as myself to help prevent rust from forming. Or would it simply be better to invest in a holster with a sweat guard?Thanks in advance, very happy to officially join the CCW community. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2zR8QeB

No comments:

Post a Comment