Tuesday, July 3, 2018

I can’t figure it out. Can an 18 year old POSSESS a handgun in their house without a ccw permit in the state of Maine.


Im 18. My ccw permit application should be getting accepted within 2 weeks (hopefully) but I want to possess the handgun before I get my ccw. I obviously can’t buy a handgun, my dad is gifting it to me for my 18th birthday. So the ccw permit is to conceal carry. So, does that mean I can open carry as an 18 year old (in Maine)? What if I don’t want to carry it at all. Am I legally allowed to have it in my house (possess)? Also, can I even legally use it (in self defense) before I get my ccw?I tried googling it but it’s way too confusing for me.Also, this ties in to even being able to use it but let’s say that someone asks whose gun it is, and since I dont have my ccw, ill say it’s my moms. Can I even use it (my moms gun) to defend myself in my house? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2KyvPjx

No comments:

Post a Comment