Saturday, July 7, 2018

Hypothetical question involving someone else in danger: what can you do to help?


Hey people of the CCW community! I just read another post on here and it got me thinking about a situation I was in a couple years ago. I will preface this by saying the event happened in California and I will be carrying in Massachusetts. Me and some friends were walking around my house/ campus area and we saw a man and a woman in what looked like an altercation. As we got closer we heard the man yelling at her and telling her to get in the car. He was clearly grabbing her and pushing her around and she clearly did not want to go with him. A group of us (5 mid 20s guys) walked up and asked the girl if she was okay, and if she wanted to come with us instead. At that point the man threatened us and said “next person to say something is gonna get ‘popped’”. I interpreted this as getting shot. At that point what seemed like their friends in the car told the girl to get back in and she did. They sped off in a car without plates so we couldn’t even call the police or anything. My question is: as a concealed carrier, what can you realistically do in a situation like this? I know you obviously can’t just pull your gun out and tell her to let her go. Obviously it is a risk/ reward scenario, but would you try to help her (assuming she wanted help) and risk getting in an altercation and at that point asses the risk to yourself in using your weapon? Do you just let I happen to avoid confrontation? I know this is definitely a grey area type question, but with my LTC coming in a few weeks, I’d like to better understand what the right/ lawful course of action would be with someone else in that kind of distress. Thanks in advance and I apologize if this is a stupid question, I’m just starting to really investigate and try to understand the laws on self defense and the responsibility of someone carrying a weapon. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2m486ZY

No comments:

Post a Comment