Friday, July 20, 2018

Help me understand my gun rights while traveling to Washington State from Minnesota


So I am going to be traveling to another state (Washington) in September from Minnesota, and I am having a bit of trouble sorting out the gun laws.When I check reciprocity for CCW for MN, it lists Washington state as a NO.However, Washington State Gun laws indicate that it is an open carry sate, but you have to have a license, which you have to apply for in person.NON-RESIDENT LICENSESNon-resident CCW licenses are issued in Washington state. The process is the same as for a resident of Washington but cannot be done via mail and requires that you appear in person. This means you will need to make a trip to Washington to obtain the license. The application process will take about 60 days.So does this mean I am out of luck to carry in Washington state?If I am unable to carry a pistol in Washington State, am I able to have it with me? Meaning can I transfer it from the airport to say, keep it in my hotel room?The site above seems to indicate that I can have it unloaded and secured in my vehicle without a license, but I just want to be certain that while I am there, I do not violate any firearm laws.Last but not least, has anyone had any problems with TSA when declaring a firearm in checked baggage? I have read the TSA guidelines.Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2NwTdLj

No comments:

Post a Comment