Thursday, July 19, 2018

GMI Ogre Appendix Holster Review (A great holster from a small company)


https://ift.tt/2O2Q1rZ never left a review for a holster before but I'm so impressed with the craftsmanship that I felt it'd benefit others to consider this holster. I have the 9mm shield model. Also not affiliated with the company in any way.Build Quality Superb. The most sturdy concealment holster I have used to date. It could easily sustain high intensity force-on-force scenarios and training without failing. No corners were cut and the attention to detail is amazing (no sharp edges, full sweat shield, etc.). The holster uses two pull the dot style soft loops connected to tuckable "clips" that hold the holster securely. The gun does not move around if the loops are tightly adjusted so a consistent draw can be performed each time.Concealment So far this is the only holster that can adequately work with my body type to conceal anything in the appendix position. It has a raven concealment claw which holds the grip close to the body. It did take some experimenting with my belt (Wilderness Instructor 5 stitch) to get it to work, but it's flawless now.Retention My only gripe is that the retention isn't adjustable. The holster was so tight when I first got it that the slide would be pushed out of battery upon insertion. After some research, I decided the heat the holster slightly with a hair dryer and then insert the pistol and wiggle it a bit. This seems to be relatively common with other holster designs as well. The retention is now perfect for my uses and I appreciate that it will be consistent with each draw. Draw is smooth, it clicks upon re-holstering, and will absolutely not fall out if the holster is turned upside down.Adjustability Adjustability is near infinite with this holster. Cant is fully adjustable thanks to the soft loops. The loops are connected to a "clip" that allows you to further adjust the ride height. The clips also make the holster tuckable if that's important to you. Once I found out what worked for me, I was extremely impressed.Overall I highly recommend this holster. It's a great value for around $65 after shipping. It took about two weeks to ship (custom made) but communication with the company was outstanding, I got a reply to my question within 4 hours. This holster is now my EDC for the last month with no issues.Thanks for reading! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2NrBQM8

No comments:

Post a Comment