Thursday, July 5, 2018

Bad Walmart, Bad


On July 3rd, I figured I'd go to the range, and take a co-worker for fun (we are both in our mid-20's). So we headed to the Walmart in Crystal Lake, IL after work to pick up some extra ammo. I went to the ammo cabinet, stood around for 5 mins with my co-worker for an employee with the key, and picked out the $16 box on 100 Federal brass 9mm. This is where it all goes south. Every time I go here (closest Walmart to my range: OnTarget), i usually check out at the counter within that department. But today, "that guy" wasn't in, so this limp-wristed neck beard walked me up front. He then calls over a rather unhappy and overweight woman in a yellow shirt (presumably a manager, and no i did not get a name) to check us out. "I need to see both your FOIDs", she snaps. "Okay, I have my FOID, we're going to OnTarget down the steet". "If she doesn't have her FOID I can't sell it to you". "Well why not, i buy ammo here all the time with my brother, other co-workers, and family ALL THE TIME, and I am the only person with a FOID out of all those people". "Well, no you didn't, because this is the law". "what law". "See, when i have gone to the range, we ALL had to have our FOIDs to shoot, and if you wanna go buy ammo somewhere else, I can't sell it to you". "But ma'am, you don't need a FOID to shoot as a guest with someone who owns their own gun, you go to OnTarget?". "Yeah, exactly, we all needed our FOIDs, so you can go there and she'll need her FOID". "Okay, m'am, that's not true, so have a fantastic rest of your day (bitch)".I ended up having to spend an extra $10 on that 100rds because it's more at the range, and my co-worker and I still managed to have a great rest of our evening, purchasing the ammo, shooting on my FOID and her drivers license, one lane, and my gun.I called and complained yesterday before I got out of bed, and they said they'd call me back in 48-72 hrs. Am I wrong for not asking this Walmart employee to bring up "the law", or not show her the clear rules showing that I can in fact have someone shoot with my FOID as a guest, and that there IS no law stating all parties (associated people standing within my presence???) must have a FOID to purchase. I've never had a problem before, and now if im out getting groceries with my family, or heading to the range with my brother, im going to have to separate myself from them completely so these rogue employees don't nail me for some nonsense they can't back up.Just looking for a general discussion on how to deal with this. I know it's not particularly CCW content, but I read CCW WAY MORE than guns or firearms. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2IUR8q3

No comments:

Post a Comment