Saturday, August 5, 2017

/r/CCW, critique my future setup.


So I turn 21 in February and am taking my CCW class in 2 weeks. I think I have a pretty good idea of what I'll carry and how, and I'd like to see what you guys think of it, if there are better options, etc.GUN: Sig Sauer P938 with extended magazine. Whether it has the massive rubber grip doesn't matter, I'll be swapping it for these. I will also be getting this before next year, so I will have time to fine tune it to my liking as well.HOLSTER: T-Rex Sidecar Appendix RigI've only ever seen these used with full size or compact weapons, never a subcompact. If anyone has this particular model, pictures would be great. Currently undecided on the sweat guard. I'll probably get the full guard assuming it doesn't extend up past the gun, and it seems like it would make holstering easier as well. While the Sidecar seems to be intended for carry dead center at 12:00, I would prefer a setup that is offset to the side around 1:00-1:30. Any Sidecar owners tried that?AMMO: Either Federal HST or Hornady Critical Defense depending on what the gun likes more, I suppose. I would go with the Critical Defense if given the choice, though.BELT: Crossbreed Crossover BeltI like the look of it, and what little reviews I've seen of it have been quite positive. I am a little concerned about the lack of stiffener and how that will affect it in the long run. Would a stiffener even be necessary with a P938?ALTERNATE HOLSTER: Craft Holsters Leather Shoulder HolsterI know, shoulder holsters aren't really well-liked here. But I like having options, and I pretty much always wear a light jacket when the weather permits. It also would be much better on my motorcycle. And honestly, I've just thought these holsters were cool since I was a kid. This is the only one I've found for the P938, if anyone can recommend any others I'd like to see them. (Looked through Galco's stuff, none of theirs had a P938 option.)So, what do you think?For context regarding how well these will conceal on me: I am 5'11", 165 pounds, and typically wear a black leather jacket when weather permits.edit: added ammo via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2ufg9tt

No comments:

Post a Comment