Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Bedside gun & sleep walking? Thoughts?


Hey everyone! So - I sleep talk/walk, etc. from time-to-time (so I'm told) and I was wondering what you all think about what would be safe gun storage practice overnight considering this. I know you don't really know who I am, so general thoughts would be great.I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not leaving my gun beside the bed "out in the open" in a ready state, mostly because sometimes I get up and "do things" while sleep walking (dishes, watch TV, I punched my dad when I was a kid once, haha!, etc.). I'm afraid I might do something careless with my gun if I'm not fully conscious and begin handling it for whatever reason. Right now, I take it out of CCW/holster and transfer it to a manual punch combo type safe (http://ift.tt/2vfO5Wm) - it's been that way for about a year and so far so good on safety - no issues - but I've been considering putting it in a bedside holster type of setup instead of the safe so it's more quickly accessible recently.I've figured thus far that having it in a safe with a combo as a second step might make me less likely to grab it on accident while sleep walking or something. (I know it's not as quickly accessible in a SHTF situation this way - but I'm weighing sleep walking risk vs. potential threat risk and figured this was a prudent way to go for the time being.)Any thoughts, ideas, or personal experience with a similar situation?Thanks! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2uVTFLa

No comments:

Post a Comment