Monday, October 3, 2016

My coworkers were robbed at gunpoint. A lot of emotions.


My store only has a few employees, we have all been there at least a few years. We are basically family. Two employees were working that night, one went to their car for something and was approached by two men with guns and ordered inside.The guys were rough on them despite their cooperation - shoving them around, pushing the gun into their head, neck, and ribs hard enough to leave bruises. Everyone feels violated. I won't give more details, don't want to be ID'd, but everything after has made everything worse. Police have been completely unhelpful and the company has made it VERY clear that they are following a policy in helping us and that they really couldn't give a shit how we feel.I carry concealed every day. This is legal in my state, although I can be fired if caught.Anyways, I have replayed the video in my head over and over. There was never a moment that I could have drawn and had the upper hand. My wife is upset. She argues that having the gun is more dangerous, that nobody was hurt and it would have just escalated. I disagree. If they are going to kill me before leaving, I'm not going to get a warning. If you come into a store and put a gun in my face, I am going to shoot you.I have gone to the range every day since. I am constantly looking over my shoulder. I don't feel safe anywhere. I have cleared my home twice after hearing noises. I never thought something like this would affect my life so much. It is a horrible feeling to realize how easily you can feel powerless, even when you're armed. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2dDSM0P

No comments:

Post a Comment