Wednesday, August 24, 2016

I got too complacent


Last night was a great example of why you should always be prepared and its better to "have it and not need it" than the opposite.After I got off work, my two year old begged me to take her on a bike ride. Normally these are pretty short rides before she wants to come home and I had taken my headlight off the bike to charge it so I figured I had plenty of daylight and didn't worry about it, nor did I turn on any outside lights NOR did I grab my little .32 I usually wear while bicycling. I hook up the bicycle trailer and off we go.Of course we stay out past dark and I keep the bicycle and trailer in a shed in the back yard. When we round the corner of the house I hear a crash and someone takes off running into the trees. I had left my bike headlight inside and all the outside lights on the house were off so it was impossible to ID the guy at all and I had no means to defend myself if he hadn't ran off. I run inside and grab my loaded CZ Scorpion (with tactical flashlight) and survey the backyard and I see that someone tried to pry open the padlocked door on our shed.Lesson learned - always carry, always leave lights on and always expect the worst, even when you're just trying to have a great evening with your little girl. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2bny1pV

No comments:

Post a Comment