Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Discussion: Background checks and CCW Permits


I'm interested in getting everyone's opinion about background checks and permits. Specifically:1) Are they constitutional2) Are the effective (at reducing gun violence)3) Are they necessaryIOW, what would an ideal gun legislation look like? Who would/wouldn't be allowed to carry? What age? Felons? Non-violent felons? People with psychological disorders?I'm interested in getting people's opinion, because I have the discussion with a lot of left-leaning anti-gun friends and coworkers. They always claim that background checks should be increased. And, the Orlando shooter seems to confirm that. He was under investigation, and was still able to legally purchase a firearm.On the other hand, I hail it as a victory whenever a state goes "constitutional carry." So, I can see both sides. I can see how permits and background checks are necessary, and I can see how they infringe on 2nd amendment rights.So, I suppose the main questions are:1) if you were a legislator, what gun legislation would you propose?2) Are CCW permits a violation of the Second Amendment?3) What about background checks? Fourth Amendment?Please let me know your thoughts. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2bfcptJ

No comments:

Post a Comment