Friday, August 5, 2016

Can landlords of office space prohibit CCW? (Illinois)


I know that in Illinois (and most other states), a residential landlord cannot legally prevent you from having a firearm, concealed or otherwise, in your home. They also can't prohibit you from carrying that firearm to/from your home through the common areas of the building.I'm looking to rent office space in Chicago (nothing big, just need some desks). I've noticed that there is space available in some buildings that have prohibited carry on the entrance to the building lobby (talking about big Chicago skyscrapers here). If I were to rent that space, could the landlord (the building) actually prevent me from carrying in my office that I pay to rent by posting "no guns allowed" signs on the entrance to the lobby? Could I, as a tenant, force them to remove those signs? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2aZIjzT

No comments:

Post a Comment