Sunday, July 22, 2018

I literally drove my father to tears at the prospect of wanting to own a gun.


I’ve been wanting to own a firearm and start CCing for a few years. I’m at a point where I can finally afford my first firearm, and I plan to make my purchase in the next few weeks. My parents have made it evident about their misgivings about me owning a firearm, and upon telling them about my planned purchase, my mother went into a rant about how I’m putting myself at risk for owning one, how my past anger issues in high school (now quelled due to maturity) should disqualify me from wanting one, how my insurance rates will spike just for owning one, ad nauseum. This didn’t really affect my decision making until the phone went to my dad, who I could tell was stifling a sob. I’ve never seen or heard him break down like that before, and the fact that he’s worried for my life and safety is making me second guess whether or not I should wait till later in life after college to purchase a gun. I know my parents have the best intentions for me, but my strong conviction to defend myself and start this hobby I’ve been wanting to be a part for for so long has clashed with their values. I’m at a bit of a crossroads, to say the least. Thoughts?Tl;dr Parents are worried for me owning a gun because I might misuse it in a fit of rage to the point where my dad cried for the first time in my existence. Idk what to do. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2uUJQxm

No comments:

Post a Comment