Saturday, July 21, 2018

CCW hypothetical


Ive been a CCW permit holder in southern california (OC)for 4 years, going on my 5th year... CA is already a very difficult state to be a gun owner in, and having a CCW doesnt make it any better. Obviously i hope to NEVER have to pull my firearm out of its holster, and Im frightened at the thought of ever being in a situation that requires it.. Not because I have reservations about taking a life.. I will 100% stop any threat to my life and be ok emotionally.. the Reservation is what happens AFTER.Going to Jail is going to happen.. sure id likely get out within a day or 2.. but its going to happen.my Firearm will be taken, Ill get it back.. but it will be taken.I will be sued by the family of the the person who threatened my life.. this part really sucks.. because it will likely be a real pain in the ass.the lingering question is when exactly is it justified.for example.. just today a gunman took hostages inside of a trader joes in LA.. a big stand off..now if you were in that trader joes as a hostage, and had the ability to pull out your firearm without the gunman seeing, and taking a clean shot.. is that justified? if hes not immediately threatening your life, but had shot a couple people already , could you argue you felt threatened that he may do it again? CA makes it really hard to to defend your life without facing some SERIOUS consequences(personally id take the shot without even thinking about what happens next) via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2O9gqUX

No comments:

Post a Comment