Monday, July 23, 2018

Balancing concealability with ergonomics


Here's the context for my questions: I'm 6'1" and 135 lbs, and my hands are on the larger side. So far I've been practicing with an XDS 9mm (bought with the intention it'll become my wife's carry gun; she picked it out, but so far it's the only one we have). However, my Dad's G19 as far as grip size goes feels dramatically better in my hand; the XDS doesn't really fill my palm and it feels more like I'm just clamping the gun between my middle 2 fingers and the heel of my hand, while the Glock actually feels like I'm gripping it (I'm not convinced I want that particular gun yet, but I'm using it as a illustration of sizing).So here are the questions I have:Does grip lenth or thickness make a bigger difference on concealability for a tall skinny person?Is it more important for feeling like you have a good grip to have all your fingers on the grip, or have enough thickness to fill your hand? (i.e, if I have to compromise grip for concealability, should I look at 3-finger single stack or 2-finger double stack).Am I overly concerned with the difficulty of hiding a compact on myself rather than a subcompact?Any particular guns you'd recommend I look into? I know there isn't a "best", but if you've experienced the same thing and found one that works, that's a gun I want to research and/or try to shoot. Really my only requirement is 9mm, I don't even particularly care about DA/SA vs striker, I'll train until I'm comfortable before I carry it. I'm in Indiana so no weird rules about what features I can or can't have.Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2LM1LgM

No comments:

Post a Comment