Friday, July 13, 2018

Am I eligible for CCW in Illinois with my past record?


I have a FOID card and own two handguns. I thought about CCW but then at the same time, I dont even know if I qualify and dont want to end up getting denied and have around $400 down the drain for nothing. I recently called my town hall and asked for all my police records from a decade ago (juvenile record). I am 25 years old and I'll be 26 years old by December of this year. I currently live in Illinois and my past records include Disorderly conduct: I shot paintballs at passing vehicles with some friends, I know I know, I did stupid crap when I was young, I was 14 at the time. At the age 15 I was arrested for Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Paraphernalia. Thats all of my record which is atleast 10 years ago. I've changed as person and I haven't been arrested or gotten any tickets from the police since then. Technically from what the requirements on the website are:I am at least 21 years old.I have a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification card.I have not been convicted or found guilty of a misdemeanor involving the threat of physical force or violence to any person within the past 5 years.I do not have 2 or more violations related to driving while under the influence of alcohol, other drugs, intoxicating compounds within the past 5 years.I am not subject to a pending arrest warrant, prosecution or proceeding for an offense or action that could lead to disqualification to own or possess a firearm.I have not been in a residential or court-ordered treatment for alcoholism, alcohol detoxification, or drug treatment within the past 5 years.You may be eligible if you satisfy the above and no objections are filed by law enforcement.I am over 21 years old, I have a foid, I havent been convicted or found guilty with anything the past 10 years.Have no violations.Have no warrant.Am not a drug addict.I understand in some states the gun laws are even more strict or weird, I know some cases where someone in California got his CCW denied for something that he did as a juvenile, which I'm afraid might be the same case for me. What do you guys think? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2KRKYg6

No comments:

Post a Comment