Monday, July 16, 2018

Always carry! (Another story of complacency)


So I had a conversation with a very angry guy today.Slept in as it was my day off and decided to go the range. Wife wanted to come with so I packed up the truck and off we went. I wasn’t carrying because the range doesn’t want loaded firearms in the office before you head out and I didn’t anticipate any stops (only a 15 minute drive to the range)((also I was lazy)).On the way there the wife wanted to stop at the gas station to get a drink and I pull off into what I thought was an entrance to the gas station, but I guess it was a separate parking lot for semi trailers. There were a bunch of rocks blocking the parking lot to the gas station, but there was a gap in between some so I just drove through instead of getting back on the road and parked to the gas station.Wife went in, I stayed in the car due to the rifles and handguns being unsecured. About two minutes later a guy walks up to the gas station, wonders over in front of my truck. Stays there for about 30 seconds and then makes his way to my driver side window he motions for me to roll down my window.Looks like he’s in his mid fifties, Hispanic, scraggly beard, tattoos on both arms, and looks like he hasn’t had a shower in a few days.“Nope, I am not rolling down my window for you. “He reaches into his pocket and my hand goes for the bag in the back, but he comes back out first and he has a badge. I try to take a quick look at it but he sticks it back in his pocket. This time he yells “ROLL DOWN YOUR WINDOW”.So I tell him loudly through the window “that badge doesn’t mean shit to me. If you want I can call 911 and confirm you’re a police officer, but I’m not rolling down my window or getting out of my car before that”He tells me that he saw me drive through the Parking lot and that he’s security there.“Oh, sorry I thought it was part of the gas station, it won’t happen again”“I’ve got video if your truck going through it!”“Ok I’m not denying I drove through it.”“Get out of the car”“I’m not doing shit”Then he walks in front of my car and starts loudly stating my license plate number. I see he’s got a blue tooth ear piece on so I assume he was talking to someone. After another 30 seconds he walks back to his dented up truck.It was at this point I see my wife come out and we drive off.Luckily my wife didn’t come out and walk to my truck when I was talking with this guy. I’m not sure what he would have done. I’m not sure if he was really a police officer, security, or if he was trying to rob me.Always carry! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2ur1HN2

No comments:

Post a Comment