Thursday, July 19, 2018

1st time Carrying


A couple of months I asked for suggestions of a solid 1st timer carry gun. I went with a Springfield XDS 9mm.After some additional training/range time. I concealed in public for the first time today. It was a great experience. I had the usual symptoms that first time carriers mention-Worrying about printing, wanting to adjust my gun, thinking that every person in the store knew I had a gun. Although I got over these worries pretty quickly after running enough errands. Turns out, the general public doesn’t scan who might be carrying, and if they do notice, they probably don’t care. If they do notice and do care, their balls probably aren’t big enough to confront you about it. I even ran into a relative today who gave me a big hug and I thought to myself “ah fuck, I hope she doesn’t feel my hip”.It was surreal how much my general awareness around me heightened. Thinking of hypothetical situations, brainstorming how I would react, etc.Also felt somewhat of a spiritual to the founding fathers, and all of those who gave to protect my ability to protect myself. Even passing by strangers-I had this somewhat protective feeling over them. I have the mindset that it’s not my job to make them safe, but knowing I have the means of defense gives me reassurance for their well-being as well (if that makes any sense?).I’m definitely looking forward to making this an every day practice. This CCW sub is one of the best subs on Reddit with some of the most level-headed people. I’m privileged to be apart of it. Cheers. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2mw81OO

No comments:

Post a Comment