Wednesday, June 13, 2018

What are some of the best all-round home self-defence weapons?

I live somewhere where guns, stun guns and pepper spray aren’t legal so bear that in mind. There has been a strong of robberies near me recently and the tools that are commonly being used by these criminals are bolt cutters, crowbars and small hammers which are being used to threaten homeowners or even physically beat them. The police take far too long to arrive, if they ever do, so I am looking for straight to the point answers on what me and my wife should keep in our home if the need to defend ourselves ever arises.

We currently have a 26 inch telescopic steel baton and a small axe hidden away but I’m under the impression that these two items probably aren’t the best choices available to us. Would something such as a large hunting knife, tomahawk or a barong style machete be a better choice? After a lot of google searches these seem to be the choices advised by most professionals but I’m open to other people’s ideas.

We both have fairly basic martial arts training, regularly lift weights and have a burglar alarm and a dog so we’re purely after responses advising us on what the best tools for the job would be.

Thanks!



Submitted June 13, 2018 at 09:33AM by dogsaregreat18 https://ift.tt/2LNM0FI

No comments:

Post a Comment