Friday, June 29, 2018

I'm new here, but you all seem friendly and EXTREMELY knowledgeable, so I'm going to ask a stupid holster question.


I own a Bersa Thunder .380. About two or three years ago, I went holster hunting and everything I seemed to have read around that time said that Alien Gear were a decent, if not outright good, choice. So I picked up one of their combo deals that came with both an OWB and IWB (which is what I primarily intended on using). Here's a screenshot of what I specifically ordered. While I wasn't displeased with the product, it seemed like it was never really as comfortable as I would have liked. It's fairly wide, so I always found myself readjusting it to try to find a sweet spot. I prefer carrying as close to 3:00 as possible, as it's the most comfortable draw position for me.That all said, I was perusing posts here and someone had asked if a holster they were considering buying would be better than their Alien Gear. The reply someone else made was that anything would be better than their Alien Gear. Are they really considered that bad? And if so, what are generally considered the best, taking into consideration the following:I have a Bersa Thunder .380.I prefer carrying IWB.I prefer positioning to be at or near 3:00.I'm a skinny dude, which I mention because I wear men's small or medium shirts. So, while I wear things that fit, I don't wear baggy shirts that would provide excessive waist coverage. Also, I rock size 32 jeans in case that has any relevance.Right now, I'm looking at a Dara Custom Kydex holster (because I did actually read through the FAQ before posting this) but I still wanted to posit the question in case there was a better choice based on the things I posted above. Here's a screenshot of the potential Dara holster order.Thanks in advance for all your expert advice! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2tERDjf

No comments:

Post a Comment