Wednesday, June 27, 2018

EC9S vs LCPII for Concealed Carry


Hey guys so I just got my concealed carry permit and my first paycheck of the summer (college student) and am now looking for a new gun. I've narrowed it down to the EC9S or the LCP 2 from ruger (with the shield and Star BM being the devils on my shoulder trying to get me to go for looks over price/reliability).What I love about the LCP is the size. It's a gorgeous gun that will absolutely disappear and I like the looks a lot more. The problems are 1. Not a big fan of 380, I already have a ton of 9mm ammo and adding another caliber is a bit of a dissuasion and 2. I don't like striker fired with no safety. Say what you will but that's just me, I'm not a big fan of safeties to begin with (I have two carry revolvers) but with striker fires it's just way to light a trigger for me (i've personally had a ND on the range from a crappy holster (that came with the gun no less) that has put me off from it. I fear that If I bought it I'd end up Israeli carrying.What I like about the EC9S is the price, trigger, and the fact that it's 9mm. I pocket carry an SP101 so I don't necessarily thing it's too big but on the other hand I already have the big heavy CC gun covered ya know? I'm also not a big fan of the looks, but for $200 I think I could deal with it. I already have plenty of 9mm ammo and another full sized gun chambered in it so that's something to consider as well.Thoughts? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2yMLGpl

No comments:

Post a Comment